Sunday, June 28, 2009

Life is Hard

     In Marshall, I had friends.  I lived with friends.  I lived with best friends, and I loved it.  Friends were within walking distance from me, almost all of the time.  College was free for me.  Food (at the caf) was free for me.  So much of life was fun.

     In Denver, I know 3 friends (excepting Naomi, who is a very good friend and I'm very glad she is here).  And of the 3 people, 2 of them are girls.  And the one guy I know works close to 50 or 60 hours a week.

    And nobody likes Bang.

    Mostly, I get discouraged a lot and think about going back to Texas where we had friends.  But today in a random church that we went to, the message was on how it is not always easy to follow Jesus.  I really needed to hear this.  I don't know what gave me the impression that I should expect life to be as much fun as it once was.

   Life is hard.

No comments: